The Salty Dog Runners are running club/group that meets each Monday night at 7 PM in front of Bardog Tavern in downtown Memphis for a 3 – 6 mile run. The running group meets back at Bardog afterward for food, drink and camaraderie (FYI – drinking before the run is not discouraged).
This is a great running group to get to know fellow runners in Memphis and for tourist to get a good glance of historic downtown Memphis. We often run down Beale Street, along the Mississippi River and down to South Main.
What To Expect:
- Parking: You can find several free parking spots downtown Memphis since the group run starts after 6 PM. We recommend finding a spot on Monroe Avenue or behind AutoZone in their parking spots near the river. Here is a great downtown Memphis parking map
- Plan to arrive at the Bardog Tavern before or as close to 7 PM, as we try to head out for our group run approximately at 7 PM
- Courses: The Salty Dog runners mix up the runs and actual courses vary each week. You can see the weeks course and instructions on the Salty Dog Facebook Page
- Distances range from 1-6 miles; however, most runners go 3 to 4 miles
- What to bring: We encourage you to bring water, reflective gear, and leave your headphones at home. Also bring money and ID if you plan to eat and drink. Bardog Tavern does offer specials for the runners.
- All paces welcomed, including walkers and beginner runners
- If you are new, let leader Miles Durfey know and he can set you up with a group to run with. You can reach out on their Facebook page, too.
- After the run: We encourage you to stay after the run, enjoy some good food and beverages, and socialize with the other runners
- Directions to Bardog Tavern and Salty Dog Running Club
Salty Dog Running Courses
- 3 Mile Fun Run Downtown Memphis Run
- 4 Mile Downtown Memphis Run
- 4 Mile Bass Pro & Tom Lee Park Memphis Run
- 4 Mile Rockstar Downtown Memphis Run
- 5 Mile Downtown Memphis Run
- 6 Mile Mud Island Run
Downtown Memphis Map